Computer CookiesWhat they are and what they do
This website puts small files known as 'cookies' onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. These are not used to identify you personally. We use Google Analytics software to help make sure the site is useful to you and to help us make improvements. Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on this site and how long you spend on each one
- how you got to this site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
Who we areAdvantage Web Designs is an international website development business. Our details are as follows:
Registered office address: Woodend Creative Workspace, The Crescent, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, YO11 2PW
Contact number: 01723 351825
Email address: [email protected]
What personal data we collectWe may ask you to provide personal information when you:
- Visit our websites;
- Purchase our services;
- Request services, support, or information;
- Subscribe to newsletters and promotional emails;
- Interact with social media;
- Contact us, provide feedback or leave reviews;
Visit our websitesWe will collect information when you visit our websites, including the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with our websites. We also collect information from the browser you used to come to our websites, such as your IP address, MAC address, browser type and language, operating system version, search terms you enter, the date and time when you accessed our websites or services, how long you stay on our websites or use our services, one or more cookies that uniquely identify your browser, the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website that referred you to our website and if you click on a link on our website, which URL that link takes you away from our website. This information DOES NOT IDENTIFY YOU PERSONALLY.
Purchase our servicesIf you purchase one of our products or services, whether through our website or directly, you may be asked for personal information, including, your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email, credit card or PayPal information.
Request services, support, or informationIf you contact us to request services, quotations or further information, we may request your name, email address, home address and telephone number. If you are contacting us on behalf of your employer, we also may collect your business or company information or other relevant information.
Interact with social mediaOur websites allow users to interface with social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google My Business (GMB) and others. If you choose to “like” our websites or products or share information from our websites to social media websites, those social media websites may collect personal information about you. If you have an account with a social media site, the social media site may connect personal information that you may have provided to that social media site with information regarding your website visit. Social media websites also may allow third-parties to provide us personal information about you, including your name, email address, and other personal information. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social media website. Social media features (such as a Like button) are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it. You should review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website.
How we use your personal informationWe use your personal information and technical information to:
- Complete your transaction for products and/or services that you ordered, to process any refunds or chargebacks, manage disputes or related issues, provide receipts, recover debt and collections, and fulfilling other technical, logistical, financial, tax, legal, compliance, administrative, or back office functions. In support of these uses, our business may share your financial information with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or other financial services;
- Deliver products, services and support to you;
- Send communications to you, such as your transaction status (for example, order confirmations or remaining time on products or services), newsletters and other product information;
- Provide you information about promotional offers;
- Maintain, protect, and improve our products, services, websites, technologies, communications with you and our relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and any separate contracts with you;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Detect and prevent violations of law or legal agreements;
- Protect the company and its employees;
Disclosing personal informationWe may disclose your personal information in connection with a financial audit, law enforcement, national security, fraud prevention, or other legal action (such as a subpoena or court order); as required by law or regulation; or if we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect us, our customers or the public.
At any point, you may unsubscribe from newsletters or marketing materials by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears at the very bottom of each message you receive from us. Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, renewal reminders, or service-related emails. Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to ask us to:
- provide a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you;
- correct or update your personal information;
- delete or erase your personal information;
- restrict or object to the way in which we process your personal information;
- withdraw any consent that you may have given to us;
To make these requests or for more information about your rights, please contact us using the email address in our section – Who we are.